AMENDMENTS & CANCELLATION
Cancellation of Fully Prepaid Bookings and Deposit/ Partially Prepaid Bookings
– If you cancel 5 days or more prior to your pick up, you will be refunded and the cancellation fee is 0 EUR.
– If you cancel less than 5 days before pick-up, you will be refunded minus the cancellation fee of 70.00 EUR.
– You cannot cancel your booking if your rental has already started.
A ‘No-show’ is when you:
– wish to cancel but don’t tell us before your rental is due to start;
– fail to pick the car up at the arranged time and date;
– fail to provide the documentation that’s required to pick the car up;
– fail to provide a credit card in the main driver’s name with enough available funds on it
In all of these cases, you’ll receive no refund of the money you’ve paid.
The car rental company reserves the right to refuse the car to any customer who fails to arrive at the scheduled time and date with all necessary documentation and a credit card in the main driver’s name with enough available funds for the car’s deposit.
You can amend your rental online, free of charge, 48 hours before your rental is due to start. Certain amendments could affect the rental price, such as location, car group or time or date of rental, if it does you will be charged at the current published price, which may be different from what you originally paid.
Please note: prices are based on the pick-up and drop-off times and dates that you arrange before your rental starts. If you pick the car up any later or bring it back any earlier, you will not receive a refund for unused hours or days.
Included in the Rental Price
● If the car’s bodywork gets damaged, the most you’ll pay towards repairs covered by the Collision Damage Waiver is the damage excess (700 Euro).
This cover is only valid if you stick to the terms of the rental agreement. It doesn’t cover other parts of the car (e.g. glass, wheels, interior, roof or undercarriage), or charges (e.g. for towing or off-road time), or anything in the car (e.g. child seats, GPS devices or personal belongings).
● This covers the driver’s liability for injuries and property damage which are covered by the policy. It does not cover injuries to the driver or damage to the rental car. This cover is only valid if you stick to the terms of the rental agreement.
● If the car is stolen, the most you’ll pay towards replacement costs covered by the policy is the theft excess (20%). This cover is only valid if you stick to the terms of the rental agreement.
No Extra Cost
● Airport charge (08:00 – 18:00)
● Local Taxes
● One Additional Driver included
Not Included in the Rental Price
● This section shows charges that you’ll pay at the counter because of where you’re picking your car up, who’s driving, and where you go during your rental.
● This section doesn’t show other over-the-counter costs, such as charges for fuel, child seats or additional services. You’ll find details of other charges in other sections of these terms and conditions.
● You are responsible for any charges and fines, including tolls, congestion charges, speeding tickets and parking or traffic fines.
● If you’ve incurred any charges, such as speeding tickets or unpaid congestion charges, the car hire company will try to contact you when the authorities ask them who was driving. This could be months after your rental – and you’ll have to pay the company’s administration fee as well as the original charge.
● Please note: to help you compare different deals, we’ve standardized the names of these charges. The names that your car hire company uses might be slightly different.
What you need at pick-up
Credit or Debit Card
● The main driver must be in possession of a Credit Card in their own name when picking up the car. The Card must have enough available funds to cover the excess / deposit amount (which will be blocked on the Card for the duration of the rental). The Card will also be required to pay for local fees, extra equipment and anything purchased additionally at the car hire counter.
Accepted Credit Cards
● This company will not accept prepaid, recharge or virtual credit cards – or any card on which the relevant characters are not raised (‘embossed’).
● Visa Dankort cards are not accepted.
● When picking the car up, the main driver and any additional drivers will need to provide a full driving license in their name.
● All drivers must have held their driving license for at least 5 years.
● For drivers whose national license has a photo cardlicense and a secondary paper counterpart license, both parts will be required when collecting the vehicle.
● A passport or identity card is required.
● Minimum age limit for this car is 23.
● Maximum age limit for this car is 70.
● The car hire company’s age-related charges and restrictions will apply to all additional drivers.
Deposits, Excess and Cover
Deposit / Excess Amounts
● The rental company will require a security deposit of 700,00 € when you pick your car up. The deposit will be returned after the rental, as long as all conditions have been met.
● The car has a damage excess of 1700,00 € including tax.
● The car has a theft excess of 2200,00 € including tax.
● Due to fluctuating foreign exchange rates and other possible banking charges, the car hire company cannot be held responsible for any difference between the amount paid and the amount refunded.
● In the event of an accident, this insurance covers medical and legal costs for injuries which are covered by the policy, including death and loss of limb(s). This cover is only valid if you stick to the terms of the rental agreement.
● Please make sure you read the terms and conditions of the cover you receive when signing the rental agreement at pick-up, to find out about the policy’s exclusions and limits.
Policies normally exclude things such as windscreens, glass, wheels, tires, undercarriage, interior, personal belongings, towing charges & off-road time – as well as any ‘extra equipment’ hired from the car hire company, such as child seats and GPS devices.
Note that your cover will be invalidated by negligence, refueling errors or breaking the terms of the rental agreement (for example, by driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs).
● Please make sure that you read the terms and conditions you receive when you sign the agreement at pick-up, to find out more about the policy’s exclusions and limits.
● If extra insurance, or cover is purchased at the car hire counter the deposit amount will be reduced.
● Damage to the car will be charged for by the car hire company after it is dropped off – and will incur a Damage Administration fee on top of the amount deducted from the excess.
● An Immobilization Charge is payable in the event of an accident. This is in addition to the amount deducted from the excess and is compulsory. This charge is calculated against the car group and the number of repair days.
● In the event that the rental car is involved in an accident (single & third party) or is stolen, an administration fee of approx. 100,00 € will apply in addition to the excess. This is not refundable.
Fuel Policy Options
● When you pick your car up, the fuel tank will be full or partly full. You will leave a deposit to cover the cost of the fuel: the counter staff will block this money on your credit card. Just before you return your car, please replace the fuel you’ve used.
● If you return your car with less fuel than it had when you picked it up, the car hire company will keep some or all of your deposit to cover the missing fuel. This will cost you more than you would pay to refill the tank yourself. As well as the cost of the fuel itself, you will pay a non-refundable fuel service charge of 15.00 € including tax.
Extra Services (Payable at Counter)
● If you arrange to pick the car up in one location and drop it off in another, the car hire company may charge a one-way fee to cover the cost of returning the car to the original location.
Prior notification is required for all one-way rentals. If you drop the car off at a location other than the one originally agreed; you will incur a ‘Penalty’ from the car hire company.
Outside Office Hours
● Please contact us if you want to change your pick-up or drop-off to a time when the counter is closed (e.g. because your plans have changed or you’ve been delayed). You can’t do this online, because we would need to check whether the rental company can arrange for someone to be there for you. If they can, there will be a fee for this.
● The cost of this service will be confirmed to you before your departure date.
● Customers whose travel plans include driving outside the country of rental (or crossing borders or travelling to different islands within the same country) must advise us before they pick the car up. Restrictions may apply for certain countries which may require the customer to pay additional fees.
● Customers must inform the car hire company of any cross-border travel as restrictions may apply in certain countries where the car cannot be taken.
● If requested in advance, the car hire company may agree to deliver the car at the start of the rental. The cost will be paid to the car hire company on signing the rental agreement.
● The cost of this service will be confirmed after you have made the booking and we have confirmed with the car company that this would be allowed.
● Any additional services will be subject to any applicable sales taxes and location fees.
Extra Equipment (Payable at Counter)
● Additional extras will be subject to any applicable sales taxes and location taxes.
● Customers requiring extra equipment may have to leave a deposit at the car hire counter.
● The cost to add an additional driver is 5,00 € including tax, per day.
● The car hire company’s age-related charges and restrictions will apply to all additional drivers.
● To make sure you understand the rules and laws about driving hire cars at home and abroad, it’s essential you read the Terms & Conditions in full before you leave to pick your car up.
In particular, please make sure you know what documents and other paperwork you must take with you (e.g. driving license, forms of identification, and payment cards) and what you’ll need to pay for at the car hire counter. If you don’t have everything you need, the car hire company may not let you pick the car up.
● By making this booking, you are confirming that you have read and accept our Terms & Conditions.
When you pick your car up, the car hire company will need you to sign a rental agreement. Please make sure you read it carefully – and if anything is not clear, discuss it with the car hire company before you sign.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your rental, it’s very important you discuss this at the time with the car hire company. If you are not satisfied with their response, please visit our Contact Us page and tell us about it.
● If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You’ll find our opening hours and contact information on the Contact Us page of our website.
● Accident or Breakdown – In the event of a breakdown, accident or mechanical difficulties, you must call the car hire company immediately. They must give authority for repairs or replacement cars. Please keep copies of all documentation you are asked to complete. This may be needed if you wish to make a claim. For accidents, a police report and an incident report from the car hire counter will be required.
● Roadside Assistance – Most car hire companies will provide some kind of emergency roadside assistance service, for which you may have to pay extra. When you pick your car up, please make sure you find out where the paperwork is kept. In most cases, it’ll be in the glove box or attached to the sun visor.
● Lost Keys – If you lose your key(s), you will be charged the cost of replacement.
● Seatbelt – Whatever country you’re driving in, driver and passengers must wear seatbelts if fitted, wherever they’re sitting in the car.
● Please be aware that all cars have a non-smoking policy. Fines will apply if this policy is not adhered to.
● Price Calculation – Prices are based on the pick-up and drop-off times and dates that you agree before your rental starts. If you pick the car up any later or bring it back any earlier, you will not receive a refund for unused time.
● Flight Details – If you are arriving by plane, you must inform us of your arrival flight number at least 1 day before your rental is due to start. If you do not, we cannot be held responsible if your plane is delayed and as a result your car is not available. Please ensure that you enter your flight number and not any other number the airline may have sent you, such as a confirmation number.
If you have already completed a booking without supplying your flight details, you can add them on our website, using the ‘My Booking / My Account’ section.
● At pick-up, the customer may choose to take a different car, rather than the one reserved for them.
If they do, they may be charged an additional premium, even if the new car is smaller than their original choice.
● If you are involved in an accident; and the car “Rolls Over” onto the roof; you may be asked to pay an additional fee on top of the excess amount.